By: Parallels and Meridians
You’ve decided on the location, the dates are fixed and you’re ready to make the arrangements for your next memorable adventure. Since we admire and appreciate the spirit of wanderlust that burns within you, we have compiled a list of the handiest hacks to make the entire process so much easier.
- Turn privacy mode on in your browser when you browse various sites looking for the best deal on flights and hotels – Web sites track your activity, and they will raise their prices if you visit a site repeatedly. By activating the privacy mode, you can surf through the websites as many times as you want before you finally settle on the sweetest deal!
- Free up space in your bags by rolling clothes instead of folding them. This is a very neat trick you can apply to ensure you don’t have to choose between the gorgeous dress you bought last week and your favorite pair of slippers. You will be surprised to discover how much space you’ll save by adopting this hack. If you are packing soft fabric, make sure you protect it by trying it up with a rubber band after folding it.
- Wrap your shoes in disposable shower caps. Packing shoes have always been a problem. You want a separate bag just for shoes to ensure your clothes don’t get spoiled. Well, you don’t need to worry about that anymore! Wrap each pair of shoes using disposable shower caps and place them alongside your clothes.
- Sunglass cases are a fantastic place to store your chargers and headphones. Headphones, cables, and chargers are a huge problem. They seem to take pleasure in following the law of entropy; which is why they get into a state of chaotic disorder within moments! If you’ve wanted to charge your phone or listen to a song at the end of a long trip but felt too tired to spend the next 20 minutes disentangling all the wires, then you know what we’re talking about. But don’t worry; we have a solution for this menace! Just bundle up the wires and place them inside the sunglass case. They’ll all stay in order and what’s more, you don’t have to conduct a search and rescue operation inside your bag whenever you need them; just take out the case and you get what you need. Neat, huh?
- Put underwear and socks inside shoes to save space. It might seem that socks and underwear hardly take up any space inside the giant bag, but you can easily fit another pair of jeans by following this!
- Ensure your favorite bottle of perfume doesn’t break by ensconcing it inside a sock. Have you ever unpacked after a bumpy ride only to discover that your expensive bottle of perfume was unable to bear the stress of the journey? Well, that won’t be a problem anymore! Pack them up inside socks to save space and prevent breakage.
- This is an important one — safety. Whether you’re travelling alone or with your girl gang, we want you to enjoy the trip without having any untoward experiences. Try to reach your destination before sunset, avoid dark alleys and keep your family and friends updated about your whereabouts at all times. Scan the most important documents (Passport, IDs, etc.) and keep one copy with you at all times. Keep photocopies of all documents with you if possible.
- Use travel size containers and keep refilling them instead of buying new ones every time. This will really come in handy if you’re an avid traveller. It doesn’t really make sense to carry around the bulky containers of toothpaste, sunscreen et cetera for only a week or two. Buy the smallest variants of these available in the market and keep refilling them from the regular sized ones you have at home. It’ll be cheaper and free up space inside your bag. You can also use straws as makeshift containers if you want to be really efficient!
- And finally, plan your trip out in advance. Finalize your accommodation and transportation before you even start off on your trip. Make a checklist of things you need to do or pack at least a week before you embark on your journey, and ensure every single point is ticked off.